No matter whether you have synthetic or human hair extensions, it is possible to run into some difficulties or discomfort with your new extensions. While long and beautiful hair is always tempting, knowing what you’re getting into before investing your time and money is always a good idea.
Removing extensions (especially removing them improperly) is usually what causes the most damage to your natural hair, but some complications can arise before you even get a chance to have them removed. While having your hair extensions attached by an experienced stylist is a big part of reducing or preventing most problems inherent with extensions, there are some natural factors that cannot be helped.
If your hair is especially oily, hair extensions applied by weaving may not stay intact. The excess oil in your hair can cause the weave to simply slip loose and fall off. This is especially true for synthetic hair, as it is 3 times heavier than human hair extensions. Glued in extensions are not immune to excessive oils either. It is possible for the hold the glue has on your hair to weaken or slip over time. Cold fusion attachment techniques are best for those with oily hair.
Previously damaged or very thinned hair may fall out over time with heavy hair extensions. Ask your stylist if your hair can actually support extensions at all.
For the reasons above, it’s especially important to seek a consultation with an experienced stylist prior to making an official appointment. Finding out your exact hair type is crucial to determining which attachment method is best for your hair and your budget. Neglecting to make an informed decision on your hair extensions can yield less than perfect results.
Anastasia is a salon hair stylist in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Out of town appointments welcome.
- How to Stay In-Vogue Without the Hassle - August 18, 2016
- Three Diverse Hair Straightening Solutions For 2016 - August 15, 2016
- How to Protect Your Expensive Style from The Weather - May 2, 2016
- Going Granny Gray: The Color Trend That’s So Hot Right Now - April 29, 2016
- Is It Time For A Makeover? - April 17, 2016
- Hair Texture, The Rules, And How To Break Them - April 1, 2016
- Chic Hairstyles For The 2016 Bridesmaid - March 5, 2016
- Style Tips For Five Different Faces - February 11, 2016
- Balayage vs. Foiling…Which Is For Me? - December 17, 2015
- Poker-Straight Hair Makes A Comeback - December 17, 2015