Of course, when it comes to wedding day hair, the focus should be squarely on the bride. That said, it won’t do to have the members of the wedding party gliding down the aisle in all their glorious finery while they are sporting ordinary locks. A special day calls for special hair dos all the way around.
The purpose of having the members of the bridal party do something special with their hair is not so that they upstage the bride. Rather, it is in keeping with the festivities of the day. That said, there are no right or wrong answers when it comes to wedding day hair as long as you are happy. Here are a few ideas you can keep in mind when considering hair styles.
Coiffed or Natural
The particular hair style you choose will depend a great deal on whether you want a sleek and polished look or something more wind swept and natural. More formal events will lend themselves to coiffed ‘dos while a casual beach wedding could be the ideal backdrop for a windswept look.
Matching or Not?
Another option to think about is whether you want all the members of your bridal party to sport the same kind of hair style. There are both pros and cons to this, if you are thinking of them all having matching ones. By choosing the same hairstyle, you can have a sense of continuity to the wedding party. On the other hand, though, if one of your bridesmaids has short hair and the rest all have long hair, finding a style to suit them all might be difficult.
They Choose or You
If you are like many brides, you are more concerned with the members of your bridal party matching each other when it comes to their gowns. Since their dresses are supposed to complement yours, many brides simply pick out the bridesmaids dresses and let the women have the freedom to choose their own hair styles and accessories.
Of course, there is much to be said for the polished look that having all your friends wearing the same dresses with the same hair style while you take the center stage. Or you can allow your friends to have a bit of creative freedom when it comes to their hair. In either case, it’s your call since it’s your special day.
- How to Stay In-Vogue Without the Hassle - August 18, 2016
- Three Diverse Hair Straightening Solutions For 2016 - August 15, 2016
- How to Protect Your Expensive Style from The Weather - May 2, 2016
- Going Granny Gray: The Color Trend That’s So Hot Right Now - April 29, 2016
- Is It Time For A Makeover? - April 17, 2016
- Hair Texture, The Rules, And How To Break Them - April 1, 2016
- Chic Hairstyles For The 2016 Bridesmaid - March 5, 2016
- Style Tips For Five Different Faces - February 11, 2016
- Balayage vs. Foiling…Which Is For Me? - December 17, 2015
- Poker-Straight Hair Makes A Comeback - December 17, 2015