There are three popular methods used for straightening curly and wavy hair: Conventional hair straightening method, Ionic Hair Retexturizing and Thermal Reconditioning.
The Conventional hair straightening method uses a brush and hair dryer to eliminate the curls. A round brush is used for hair that has more volume. Since a hair dryer or hot air is used, is that the user can control the volume level and heat level. Though this method is used frequently, it does not completely straighten a person’s hair. Use hair supplies that will limit the amount of damage to the hair from blow-drying. This method may take longer but the amount of time can be decreased with the use of an ionic dryer to limit the level of harm to the hair.
Ionic hair retexturizing retains the necessary nutrients and moisture needed for healthy hair. This provides a way to eliminate the heat damage aspect. Hair is kept healthy and shiny while straightening. The method is best used on hair that has not been treated before. The effects are also long lasting and can last up six months. This will depend on how long or short your hair is. Touch ups can be done to keep the effect and promote new hair growth. Ionic hair retexturizing is a new method developed for permanent straightening of your hair. There are several terms used for this technique that include Magic straight and Ionic Perm.
The third method is thermal reconditioning. The look and shape of you hair is changed with use of heat. Chemicals are used in order to break the cuticle. A heated iron is then used for hair straightening. After the straightening process is complete the cuticle is then locked again and the hair neutralized to keep the hair straight.
You don’t have to learn all the terminology. You just need a consultation with a very experienced stylist. Don’t shortchange this part. Get the consultation. Depending on the history of your hair, its texture, etc. a different level and type of straightening is appropriate. Never opt for a one-size fits all approach.
- How to Stay In-Vogue Without the Hassle - August 18, 2016
- Three Diverse Hair Straightening Solutions For 2016 - August 15, 2016
- How to Protect Your Expensive Style from The Weather - May 2, 2016
- Going Granny Gray: The Color Trend That’s So Hot Right Now - April 29, 2016
- Is It Time For A Makeover? - April 17, 2016
- Hair Texture, The Rules, And How To Break Them - April 1, 2016
- Chic Hairstyles For The 2016 Bridesmaid - March 5, 2016
- Style Tips For Five Different Faces - February 11, 2016
- Balayage vs. Foiling…Which Is For Me? - December 17, 2015
- Poker-Straight Hair Makes A Comeback - December 17, 2015