Hair extensions are a great way to add extra length and volume to your natural hair without the waiting time of growing it out.
There are two main types of extensions: synthetic and human hair, and both have their own pros and cons.
Human hair extensions are always more expensive than synthetic extensions, but they last longer and can take a little more wear and tear. You can also use hot tools on your human hair extensions, such as blow dryers, curlers, and straighteners, making them easy to style on a day to day basis. Human hair extensions can last anywhere from one to six months, if properly taken care of. Human hair extensions, of course, always look like natural hair and come in just about every color and texture imaginable.
Synthetic hair extensions are good for those who are on a budget, as they are much cheaper than real hair extensions. The biggest downside to synthetic extensions is that you absolutely can not use any hot hairstyling tools on them, so you’re left with minimal customization. It’s recommended you get the extensions in the style you want to avoid the temptation to style them yourself and damage both your extensions and your real hair. Synthetics last between one week and four months on average, making them a more temporary extension solution than real hair.
With either human or synthetic hair extensions, you should have at least 3 or 4 inches of real hair to start off with. Most hair extensions are either sewn/plaited in or glued into your natural hair. Sewn extensions do not damage your hair in any way as there are no special chemicals used, but they should be used for thick hair. If done in thin hair, there is a chance the braids will be visible under your natural hair — no one wants that. Glued in hair extensions can damage your hair, but hold for longer than sewn extensions. If you take careful care of your glued extensions you can keep the damage to a minimum, but you should still be careful.
If hair extensions sound like they might be for you, or if you want a new, full hairstyle, Anastasia can give you just the right look. Anastasia has extensive experience putting in hair extensions, and there are so many options available, there is almost no reason not to look into getting extensions to give yourself a fuller hair style. Call for a consultation and we can work out a time that’s convenient for you to come by, and we can discuss which type of extension and technique will work best for your hair.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016