Wavy hairstyles have been a mainstay of fashion for as long as women have been styling their hair. Finger waves become very popular in the 20’s and are still going strong today. For many years women rolled their hair horizontally to attain beautiful waves. Today waves are tend to be more vertical. Soft vertical waves falling loosely is a very sexy look. One of the things to remember about today’s wavy styles is they are not stiff and structured. Use just enough hairspray to keep your hair from becoming frizzy, but not so much you have helmet head.
To get today’s sexy waves start with a great haircut. Ask your stylist to give you a layered cut. Layers will let your hair’s natural wave pattern emerge and gives your hair movement. Waves work on almost all lengths except very short styles. Be sure to keep up on your monthly trims so your style stays fresh and the dead ends are removed from your hair.
Once you have a great cut, use some curl activator on towel dried hair. Blow dry your hair using a large barrel brush. Next apply a heat protecting product to prevent damage from high heat tools. You have the choice of using hot rollers or a curling iron to create waves. Use either one and roll your hair vertically in random sections. Once your hair is completely cool brush it out gently with a natural bristle brush. Use a styling paste to add definition and a light spritz of hair spray to keep everything under control. Now you will have sexy, loose, and trendy waves that frame your face and make you look fabulous.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016