Are you tired of the same old look? Do you want something different to spice up your style and your life? Sometimes you just want to break out of the mold and have fun with your hairstyle. This year’s hot and edgy hair trends include many interpretations of classic styles with a twist. Bobs are pixies are still very popular, but for 2013 they are being worn with some extra touches which make them unique and a great way to show your personal style. Here are a few of the most popular hairstyles celebrities have been wearing for 2013.
Halle Barry has made the pixie her iconic hairstyle and brought back this popular cut from the seventies into the 21st Century. In this picture Halle is wearing her pixie with lots of spikes and volume. You can achieve this look with volumizing mousse or gel and lots of hairspray. You can also use hair paste to achieve this effect if you don’t like the sticky feel of hairspray.
This shaggy cut is very versatile. You can wear it spiked up when you feel a bit daring, or brush it smooth on days you need a more conservative look. Ask your stylist for a razor cut short shag to get this look. Hair paste is also a great styling tool for this cut since it will hold your hair in place without weighing it down. This is important for the wispy look you want to achieve.
Genny Garth is wearing her hair in a razor cut messy bob in this picture. This is another versatile style that you can wear many different ways. Use volumizing mousse on towel dried hair and use a large barrel brush to blow dry it. Piece out your hair with styling paste and finger comb it to give your hair a messy and sexy look.
If you want a really edgy look consider a faux hawk. In this picture her hair is cut short on the sides and longer on the crown. This helps form the faux hawk. Backcombing and lots of styling gel keeps the hair elevated. You also have the option of wearing your hair curly or wavy on top. The lightened tips really accentuate the height. This is a good example of using a haircut and color to create a very stunning look.
If you’re ready for something new and want to give your look a boost, talk to your stylist. She is up on all the latest trends and can help you pick out a new do that will compliment your facial shape and match your lifestyle. Break out of the herd and blaze your own trail. Hairstyles are fun, so pick out a new edgy style and make your mark on the world.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016