It may seem strange to have a post about bald heads on a hair salon blog, but there’s no denying that bald men are in style. Bald is the new sexy. More and more men are opting to shave their heads because they are losing their hair and want to hide the fact, or they just want a clean smooth look. Bald heads still need care and with these simple tips you can keep your scalp healthy and looking its best.
- Have a professional shave your head for the first time. This is especially true if you have thick hair. Going bald is more than just whacking off all of the hair on your head. You need to trim back your hair first and then use care when you shave it to prevent irritation and injury.
- Use a mild acid based shampoo to cleanse your scalp. This keeps your skin’s pH at the correct level and using the mildest shampoo you can find prevents irritation and redness.
- Exfoliate with a gentle product made for the face or scalp. This prevents dead skin build up and keeps your scalp and skin looking and feeling smooth.
- Moisturize your scalp to keep it from becoming dry and flaky. Use a moisturizer that is formulated to be nourishing and non-greasy.
- Use sunscreen everyday. Ideally a moisturizer with sunscreen is the best product to use on a bald head.
- Get a scalp massage. Your stylist is trained in scalp massage and this will increase blood flow and is very relaxing.
Use these tips to keep your bald beautiful sexy head and scalp in tip top shape. Your stylist can help you choose the products that are best for your scalp and skin. Depend on her to keep you looking and feeling smooth and sexy.