Your wedding day is your day to feel special and it is the start of a brand new chapter in your life. Every bride wants to look her best on her wedding day and with these simple tips your hair can be your crowing glory and one less thing you have to worry about.
- Contact your stylist early. Make your appointments as soon as you set your date. Spring is a busy time in most salons so you don’t want to hear that your stylist is too busy to help you.
- Have a practice run. Go to your stylist and experiment with different looks. She can help you pick out a style that will compliment your face shape, your dress and the theme of your wedding.
- Keep it simple. Elaborate up dos are very pretty, but they can also become a nightmare if they start to fall. Your stylist can style your hair in a way that looks very complicated, but is very simple to do.
- Get a trim a few weeks before your wedding day. This will remove dead and split ends. It will also give your hair a few weeks to “settle” into the cut so that it can be styled easier.
- Don’t wash your hair the day of your wedding. Yes that is right, wash it the day before so that your hair has some natural oils in it to make it easier to style. Freshly washed hair is slick and hard to manage. Unless you’re wearing it down and natural, hold off and don’t wash it for at least one day before your wedding.
- Protect your hair. Use a thermal styling product when you use high heat appliances such as blow dryers, flat irons and curling irons. This will keep your hair from becoming scorched or damaged before your big day.
- Take time to pamper yourself, get enough rest and eat right. Beauty comes from within and if you feel good you will be more relaxed, less stressed and be able to enjoy your wedding day and the new chapter in your life.