Naturally curly hair looks amazingly beautiful if properly nurtured. Taking care of curly hair can be a nuisance if you do not know how to do it. By simply following a general routine and these simple tips on a regular basis, you can have smooth, silky curls that look great any way you wear them.
1. Keep them Moisturized:
The most common reason behind frizzy curls is that they lack moisture and become dry. This causes the hair to break and causes split ends which give you frizzy hair. Make sure that you use the shampoo that suits your hair type and keeps it clean and fresh without over-drying. By using a shampoo that is unsuitable for your hair type, you drain the natural oils from your scalp making it dry. Ask your hair stylist to guide you in choosing the right shampoo based on your hair condition.
2. Deep Conditioning Helps:
We all use a conditioner after washing our hair, but for curly hair, you need to deeply moisturize your hair at least once a week. The way to do this is to apply conditioner after washing your hair and let it stay for 30 minutes so that it can nourish and moisturize the hair shaft completely. This treatment gives you shiny lock for the entire week.
3. Use the Right Products:
In order to keep your curls in the best shape, it is important to use the right hair products. A product that suits your friend might not suit you, even though you both have curly hair. The best way to pick a good product is by asking your hair stylist. He or she can guide on which product to use, how to use it and when it is time to try a new one.
4. Get Hot Oil Treatments:
Arrange a hot oil treatment with your stylist every month so that your hair can rejuvenate itself. A hot oil treatment allows maximum minerals to penetrate your hair, thus returning their natural shine and luster. You can do this at home too, but it’s not as relaxing as the treatment you might get at the spa.
5. Keep Trimming:
One of the best ways to make sure that you curls are healthy is to get them trimmed on a regular basis. Ask your stylist to trim the ends carefully to get rid of the split ends. Make an appointment with your hair stylist every month to ensure that you hair stays healthy. This will also help with the hair growth as trimming reduces breakage and boosts growth.
6. Use Leave-in Conditioners:
As curly hair gets dry and becomes frizzy, it is a good idea to buy a leave-in conditioner that makes your curls smooth and soft for the whole day. Choose a good leave in conditioner that has the right balance for your hair so that it neither makes them greasy nor does it make them dry. Do not apply the leave-in conditioner to the scalp as it can make your hair appear greasy.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016