Summer can be hard on your hair with humidity, sun, and heat. Exposing your hair to the elements is an everyday fact of life in the summer, but there are some easy tips you can use to keep your tresses looking and feeling healthy, shiny, and strong. One of the things your hair needs in the summer is extra moisture. A leave in conditioner is a quick way to protect your hair and keep the humidity from making your hair turn into a frizzy mess. Argan oil is the perfect conditioner. It absorbs into your hair without leaving it greasy.
Another way to keep the frizz under control is to wear your hair in braids on especially humid days. Braids give you a chance to show off your creativity, and there are several styles to choose from. You can pull the front of your hair back and form two braids to hold your hair back in a half updo, or braid the entire front of your hair and pull it back into a pretty ponytail. Another option is a fishtail braid either down the center of your back, or off to one side. Fishtail braids are formed by dividing your hair into two sections, and then bringing small sections from each side over the main sections. Fishtail braids have been seen this summer on runways and red carpets.
Nothing is more classic than a pretty headscarf. Think of the Hollywood starlets of the 1950’s and how they wore their headscarves wrapped under their chins and then around their neck for a sexy and cool look. Think of Audrey Hepburn riding in her car with the top down and you’ll get the picture. Even Queen Elizabeth knows the value of a headscarf for keeping her hair protected and under control. A great place to find headscarves is in a vintage or thrift store.
If the weather looks dicey and you have to head out, why not try one of this summer’s hottest looks? A slicked back ponytail keeps your hair under control, and if you get caught in the rain it won’t mess up your look. Use a gel on wet hair and comb it back into a sleek ponytail. You can add a pretty hair tie or clip for a pop of color.
These are just a few ideas to help keep you looking and feeling cool during the hot months of summer. Humidity, sun exposure and wind can combine to make your hair look and feel dry and brittle. Remember to condition your hair and protect it with a scarf or hat when you’ll be outside, and you’ll be rewarded with beautiful hair all summer long.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016