Human hair extensions have become very popular with celebrities and everyday women. They have also turned into big business for the suppliers. The best quality human hair extensions are known as Remy. What makes Remy human hair extensions so special is the hair is cut from one weft. In other words, the cuts are made by gathering the hair together into sections and each section is carefully cut to maintain the hair’s integrity.
Remy hair comes from a temple in India called The Lord Venkateshwara Temple. Devotees come from all over India to donate their hair to the temple. After the hair is cut it is divided into five categories and sold. Devotees of the temple have been doing this for over 100 years, and with the popularity of human hair extensions, the monks report the demand keeps growing. In 2011 over 450 tons of hair were auctioned off. In March of 2012, another 95 tons of hair was auctioned off.
Remy hair is available in 16 to 30 inches, 10 to 15 inches, 5 to 9 inches, and less than 5 inches. Gray hair is also collected, but it not in high demand. Much of the hair collected is made into wigs and extensions, and is bought by European and American suppliers. The majority of the hair shorter than 5 inches is exported to China to be made into wigs.
Remy human hair extensions are available in straight, wavy, and curly textures. They can be styled just like your natural hair, which means you can use heat on them. Synthetic extensions are fixed, in other words you can’t style them. If you try to use heat on synthetic extensions, you’ll be left with a melted mess. When properly placed, Remy extensions can be worn for many weeks. You can even have them removed and reuse them if you take care of them.
If you want to have Remy human hair extensions placed professionally by your stylist, your first step is to schedule a consultation appointment. A consultation appointment is essential so you and your stylist can decide what length, texture, and color will look best for the style you want to achieve. Remy extensions can add length, volume, and give you the most natural look available.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016