The mixture of textures in a hairstyle adds interest and is a welcome change from the same old thing. Summer is the perfect time to get creative with updos. If you’re tired of the bun or ponytail, give a sleek and textured updo a try. You can have this style in just a few minutes for a day at the beach or a special night out. This style is also a lovely option for weddings or prom. In this picture we see the beautiful Bollywood star, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, at the Cannes Film Festival wearing a very pretty sleek and textured updo.
First use a flat paddle brush and some gel to smooth your hair into a high ponytail. Next add texture and volume by backcombing your ponytail a bit. You can make it as big as you want depending on the how much texture you desire. If your hair is long enough, pull out a few strands and form a braid to wrap around your ponytail like Aishwarya did. If not, you can skip this step, or use some human hair extensions to achieve the look.
To form the updo take a barrel brush and curl the ends of your hair under to form a messy bun. Secure your hair with hairpins, spritz on some holding spray, shine spray and you have a cool and chic updo. You can leave out some strands for a sexy and messy look or capture all of your hair with the hairpins. If you want more style and bit of interest, you can use pretty pearl hairpins, add a sparkly hairpin or add a thin gold hairband.
This style will take you through summer and keep you cool and collected no matter what your days or night bring. If you need help achieving this look, your stylist can help you. She can also recommend the right professional styling products to keep your hair up and out of the way during the summer heat.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016