Welcome to this week’s Hairstyles in the News! This week we have a son taking up his father’s style, a cute short style for woman over 40, holiday hair ideas and more. The holidays are soon approaching and you may be starting to think about hairstyles to wear to parties and special nights out. Check out these celebrity styles and see if there are any you want to give a try.
David Beckham made the mohawk popular ten years ago, and today his son, Cruz, is sporting one. This is a style for the brave at heart and one very popular with athletes. It’s not for everyone, but it is easy to care for and easy to wear.
Kris Jenner’s short style is a great choice for women over 40. The fullness in the crown helps to draw attention from the jawline to give a more youthful appearance. The heavy fringe also softens her face and accentuates her beautiful eyes. Kris’s hair color looks natural, whether it is colored or not, and is a good example of dimensional color. Too many times dark hair look flat and one dimensional, but Chris’ stylist has given her a very natural color that looks great on her.
Celebrity hairstylist Herve Ledger designed the next style for a recent runway show, a ponytail with a bit of detail. This is an easy to do style that is perfect for parties. You can also use hair clips with stones or covered elastics for more color and style.
Dipped hair has become very popular and this style is an example of the impact color can make. The model’s medium blonde hair graduates to vibrant red ends. You can use any color you want for the ends or have a tie dyed effect with several bright colors.
Natural hair is making a strong comeback and Solange Knowles wears her natural afro parted on the side and her curls combed up in this picture. Moisture is the key to keeping natural hair from becoming frizzy. Ask your stylist for recommendations on products to use to keep your natural hair shiny, manageable and healthy looking.
Camilla Bell wore her hair in a classic sweep style at a recent LACMA gala. This style is easy to do, simply take sections of your hair from the sides and roll them back. Secure these sections with a pretty hair clip and use your curling iron to give the back of your hair soft curls.
That’s it for this week. As the holidays approach keep your eyes out for more festive styles and gather ideas for your stylist to try out on you. Keep your eye out for hair accessories to add an extra bit of glamor to your look. Until next week, be stylish and be safe!
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016