You can spend hundreds of dollars on styling tools. Flat irons, curling irons, blow dryers and styling products all can help you have the look you want. But did you know that the best styling tools you can use are your own hands? That’s right, your hands can create volume, direct curls, scrunch your hair and help to get your hair dry in less time. All hair types and textures can benefit from the use of your hands and fingertips as styling tools.
For curly hair, use your fingertips and a diffuser on your blow dryer to create soft curls and volume. After your hair is dry apply some style fix and run it through your hair with your fingertips. You can then use your hands to scrunch and direct your curls until you are happy with the results. Unlike brushes and combs, your fingers will not cause frizz and breakage.
If you have wavy hair, your fingertips can be your best friend. As you dry your hair, bend over and direct the air flow to your roots. Lift you hair with your fingertips and hands to give you maximum volume. Do not dry your hair completely and use the styling product of your choice to get the hold you want. Wavy hair looks its best when you let the natural waves come through. Use your hands to shake your hair and release the waves for a glorious head of soft waves and volume.
Sleek and Straight
Even straight hair can benefit from using your hands and fingertips along with a brush when you blow dry. Use your fingertips to separate your hair and let the blow dryer get to the roots of your hair. If you prefer a sleek look and not so much volume, you can use your hands to smooth your hair as it dries. A bit of shine cream or shine oil applied with your hands will give your straight hair a smooth and lustrous look.
First Step Essentials
Of course the one thing that will make your hair look its best is an excellent cut. Your stylist should create a cut and style that will flatter your face shape and fit into your lifestyle. Whether you want short, medium or long hair, the right cut is key to getting the style and look you want.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016