Most of the times when you feel like the shampoo you are using is not responding to your hair or is constantly making the problem worse, you need to assess your shampooing routine to identify the problem area. There are many factors that affect our hair including pollution and exposure to sunlight, but you need to make sure that your incorrect shampooing routine is not adding to the problem.
So if your hair is acting all weird and you have no idea how to rectify the problem, consider the following and see if you are making the wrong choices and decisions.
1. The Wrong Shampoo:
If your shampoo is not treating your hair the way you expected it to, it may be because you are using the wrong one. The first and the most important thing you need to do is ask your New York Hair Stylist which shampoo is the best for your hair type. Since your hairstylist knows your hair pretty well, he will be able to give you the right advice. Sometimes you have to switch half a dozen bottles of shampoo before you find the one that is perfect for your hair. Also, you have to get a hair conditioner that works in tandem with the shampoo, boosting its abilities to nourish and replenish your hair.
2. Using too much or too little:
Sometimes using excessive amount of shampoo can have the opposite effect to what the shampoo is in fact designed to do. Similarly if you are using too little shampoo, you are not allowing it to show its maximum potential and thus denying your hair the care it needs. So be moderate and choose the right amount of shampoo – enough to completely wash your hair without over-drying.
3. Failing to rinse and repeat:
The most important rule when it comes to washing your hair is that you always have to rinse and repeat. The first time you shampoo your hair, you just remove the dirt and excess oils from your hair. The second time you apply the shampoo to your hair is when it is allowed to penetrate the hair shaft and really work towards improving the hair condition. So whenever you shampoo your hair, always rinse and repeat.
4. Washing off too quickly:
When you apply shampoo to your hair, the best way to make sure that it reaches every corner of your scalp is to massage it properly into the hair and then let it stand for 5 to 7 minutes. This time allows the chemicals to work their magic and coat the hair shaft with the nutrients found in the shampoo. If you wash off the shampoo too quickly, you will not reap any benefit from the shampoo and your hair will remain dry and dull.
5. Concentrating on wrong areas:
If you have oily or dry areas on your scalp, you need to make sure that you pay special attention to those areas when shampooing your head. Massage your hair properly and thoroughly to ensure that the shampoo has been applied to the problematic areas and then wash it off after a few minutes. Also it is important to make sure that you wash off the shampoo completely, because if you let shampoo residue stay in your hair it will build up to create an ugly look.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016