Summer means carefree living, shouldn’t your hairstyle be carefree, too? One of today’s hottest looks was seen on movie star Kate Hudson in London at her new movie, “NINE” premiere. Kate looked stunning with her below the shoulder length hair in soft loose curls framing her face. A small French Braid keep her hair our of her face and gave her a fresh cool look.
You can get Kate’s look with just a bit of practice and these easy steps.
- Start with a natural, salon-grade volumizing shampoo and conditioner (ask your stylist for a recommendation). This will give your hair the volume and thickness and keep it conditioned.
- To make your hair easier to manage, section it into four sections.
- Spray your hair with a volumizing spray (again, consult your stylist – don’t skimp for products they sell at supermarkets) and blow dry it. Slightly curl the ends under to give it a finished look.
- Curl with a curling rod into soft curls all over.
- Create a small French braid at the temple to keep the look soft and neat.
- Spray with a light hold finishing spray and then scrunch for a tousled easy look.
- Finish your look with a glossing spray for maximum shine.
You stylist can recommend professional products to keep your hair looking its best this summer. Pureology has a line of products that will make getting Kate’s look easy and still protect your hair from the summer sun. Their Pure Volume system shampoo and conditioner contains natural soy, oat and wheat proteins and the lavender, papaya and lemongrass scent is fresh and clean. Use their Volume Amplifier to protect your hair while blow drying and amp up the volume. Get soft bouncy hold with Take Hold non-aerosol hair spray formulated for color treated hair. Its advanced resin formula holds your hair all day without being sticky. A final spray of Glossing Mist gives your hair high shine. Its silicone technology reflects light and keeps you looking good no matter what the summer weather throws at you.
Visit your stylist today to get ideas and products to keep you cool and fresh this season. No need for a fussy hairstyle when you can have the freedom of a soft and easy style this summer and look good no matter where the season takes you.
Anastasia is a salon hair stylist in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Out of town appointments welcome.