- Image by mintytrina via Flickr
How many weddings have you attended where the bride had short hair? Didn’t she look gorgeous? Hip? Flattering? A lot of brides opt for long hair, but there is no optimum guide to the length of the brides’ hairstyle; it’s about feeling fabulous while complimenting her dress. Often, the most elegant and stress-free approach is to base it on your every day look, and then jazz it up a bit with highlights, tiara, headband or jeweled barrette. Some ideas for short hair:
- Tiara: elegant, glittering diamond-patterned crown
- Sparkling headbands with or without a veil
- Pearls attached with Velcro
- Dazzling rhinestones
- Layered tones: a two-tone, professionally colored and layered cut
- Small curls: for vintage or country garden themes; create loose curls and capture them with bobby pins to create a frame around your face
- Simple part: for a classic theme; make a part, and hold with gel and hairspray.
- Straight: use hairspray and comb the parted style…pretty much what you would wear to work, accented with some earrings.
- Wild and Crazy: for a funky themed wedding; use a brush some super hold gel and hairspray and get creative
- Elegant wave: for very short hair; put some medium hold gel in your hand and scrunch your hair to create a little bit of wave
Anastasia is a salon hair stylist in Oklahoma City. Out of town appointments welcome.