Spring is right around the corner and while it is said that a young man’s mind turns to love, a young woman’s mind definitely turns to prom. Prom is a special time in a young woman’s life. There’s the excitement of picking out the dress, finding shoes to match, finding just the right jewelry and of course finding the perfect hairstyle. Updos are the popular hairstyles for prom. Be sure to make your appointment early so you can experiment with different looks. Here’s some ideas that you might want to try out for your special night.
A French Twist is a classic chic updo that has withstood the test of time. In this example the ends of the hair are curled and left loose instead of being tucked into the French Twist. Pretty pins are added for an extra touch of sparkle.
This pretty updo is perfect for curly hair. A loose bun is pulled up and natural curls frame the face. The side bangs are flattering for all face shapes.
A low bun is also an easy style to wear. The hair is pulled into a low loose bun and worn with some texture. This prom updo is perfect for wavy hair.
This updo makes use of hairbands for extra control and decoration. You can use hairbands for almost any updo to keep your hair in place and depending on your style, a bit of bling.
This prom updo is a more formal style with large curls pinned at the nape of the neck. The addition of roses adds a bit of interest and color.
Twists and braids make this updo very chic and very interesting. Allot a few hours for your stylist to be able to do this intricate prom updo.
These are just a few ideas for prom updos. Consult with your stylist to get the one that reflects your style and is best for your face shape. Don’t wash your hair the day of prom so that it is not too slick to work with. With the right dress, shoes and updo your prom will be a night to remember.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016