Two of the most iconic hairstyles which have stood the test of time are the pixie and the bob. The pixie became popular in the late 50’s and has remained one of the most requested hairstyles throughout the decades. The bob was the look of the 20’s and is the basis of many of today’s hottest looks. Through the years each style has been redefined and reinterpreted with each passing decade. Here we take a look at the pixie and bobs of yesterday and today.
Mia Farrow wore a short pixie in her unforgettable part as Rosemary Woodhouse in Rosemary’s Baby. The style gave her an innocence which played off the dark plot perfectly. This style suits her fine features and she wears it in this picture combed to one side.
Halle Berry looks great no matter how she wears her hair. In this picture she is wearing her famous pixie from the 2002 Die Another Day. Who could forget how stunning she looked as she rose up out of the water clad in her bikini and her hair styled in a pixie? Halle wears her pixie to one side also, but with a bit of texture.
Louise Brooks was a 1920’s starlet most remembered for her role as Lulu in the 1929 film Pandora’s Box. Back in the day her haircut was also known as a Buster Brown Page Boy. This style caught on as one of the hottest trends in her day and remains a hot style today.
Katie Holmes has had many roles in her career notably in Dawson’s Creek and Batman Begins. Her modern interpretation of the classic bob is a slick style which is longer and more face framing than the 20’s version. Her side bangs are not as severe and a bit wispy.
If you’re thinking of a new style, why not give one of these classic looks a try? Your hairstylist can help you decide which version is best for you.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016