In the midst of this year’s hair rebirths and celebrations of all hair types and textures, we believe it’s time to talk about the return of the perm.
It looks like the decades of hair straightening treatments are slowly giving way to the 2016 perm appeal, but we’re not talking about those 80s Richard Simmons curls; today’s perm comeback arrives with a different twist.
With every revisit to the chair, both men and women have been demanding wavier and more voluminous locks, and thanks to decades of enhanced curl perception and to the tweaking of trends, we pro-stylists have managed to remove the perm’s stigma from the 70s and revamp it for 2016 pop-culture.
However, as society copiously welcomes back beautiful curls, there are some perm-101 notes that a person should take down in order to avoid the fizz and to make sure that their new perm stays modern, instead of going 80s retro, after leaving the chair….
1. Size matters when choosing the correct curl.
Today’s perm extends to all shapes and sizes. It’s not about the 70s tight spiral anymore; you can now own loose flowing waves, soft beachy swirls or even a semi-loose bob.
Ultimately, the curl’s end-result will depend upon the size of the perm rod your stylist uses. Generally, bigger rods will offer you a more soft-tousled look than the smaller ones do. Be sure to communicate what kind of curl you’re going for with your stylist, and we’ll be sure to accommodate.
2. Imperfection is key.
Something we stylists have learned, after perming over four decades of hair, is that innate curls and waves are never uniform. Your stylist should chaotically place them all over the mane.
Thus, today’s perms should logically follow, in order to get the overall style looking as “natural-born-hair” as possible.
3. Bring photos to your appointment.
Let’s see here… you have Shakira’s fierce-and-free swirls, Sarah Jessica Parker’s naturally-curly waves, Jennifer Aniston’s loose-wavy locks, Taylor Swift’s spiral perm and about another fifty multiple variations of 2016 perms to choose from.
A paramount approach to guarantee you receive the grade of perm that you desire, without error, is to bring a picture to your appointment. This way, both you and your stylist can work together on achieving a look that will suit you best.
For a hairstyle in Oklahoma City that fits you, call me (Anastasia) for an appointment.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016