Curls are back and so is big hair. Celebrities are showing up at events and on walkways with beautiful full curls reminiscent of the 1980’s. Today’s styles are not as sky high as some of us may remember in our early years, think Delta Burke, but they are just as lovely and feminine. You can have Movie Star Hair with just a few steps.
- The first step is a great haircut. Your stylist can shape your hair to accent your features and give you a haircut that will make your styling easy at home and give you tips on how to keep it looking great.
- Quality styling products give you the volume and boost you need for today’s big hair styles. Choose professional quality products that are low in alcohol to keep your hair from drying out and becoming brittle. Your stylist will have specific recommendations.
- Use gentle shampoos and conditioners with volumizers to give you the boost you need and keep your hair healthy. If you have color treated hair be sure to choose products that are formulated for your hair type. Again, your stylist will have specific recommendations.
- After you shampoo and condition your hair, gently towel dry it (pat don’t rub) and apply a root lifting product to the roots of your hair and a volumizing or curl enhancing mousse to the rest of your hair.
- Flip your hair over your head and concentrate the heat from your blow dryer on the roots using your fingers to lift your hair so that the hot air can get to the roots.
- Once your roots are almost dry, flip your head up and use your hands to scrunch your hair while directing the blow dryer on the middle and ends of your hair. You may want to use the low setting for this step to help prevent frizz. If you have naturally curly or wavy hair you can apply a style fixer or hairspray and use your fingers to gently lift and direct any wayward curls.
- You may need to use hot rollers to give you hair even more volume if you hair is thin or straight. The key to using these is to let the curlers completely cool before you remove them and use the large size rollers. If you prefer to use a curling iron place your hair on rollers as you after you use the curling iron as your hair cools to get long lasting curls.
- Choose a hairspray that has the amount of hold you want, spritz a shine product on your hair and you are good to go.
Use a natural bristle brush that is gentle on your hair and helps to distribute the natural oils from your scalp. Don’t wash your hair everyday. Washing your hair everyday can dry it out and strips it of the natural oils that make it shiny and manageable. Remember to make and keep your appointments for trims at least once a month so that you do not have split ends. Use these tips and you will be red carpet worthy and look like you are on the big screen with your big hair.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016