If you’re like most women, you wore a ponytail when you were a child. You may even still put your hair up in a ponytail when you need to be cool and have your hair out of your way. Many professional women opt for ponytails because this style is sleek and professional. Ponytails come in all sorts of styles, and Charlize Theron wore a very grown up and stylish ponytail at a recent red carpet event. What makes her ponytail so chic is the bit of volume at the crown of her head.
This style is very easy to achieve. Here’s what you’ll need:
A fine tooth or rat tail comb
Natural bristle brush
First start with day old hair. Just washed hair is very slick, but if you have washed your hair you can add texture with some sea salt spray or dry shampoo. Brush your hair out and apply root booster. Take small sections of your hair on the crown of head and gently comb from the center of the hair shaft toward the scalp. Continue to back comb working toward the back of your head until you get the amount of volume you want. The more you backcomb, the more volume you will achieve.
Next use that natural bristle brush and gently smooth the top layer of hair over the backcombed sections. Brush your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with a covered elastic. Apply a small daub of anti-frizz serum to the palm of your hands and gently smooth it onto your hair. Spray your hair with hairspray and you’ve got a beautiful grown up ponytail. This style is great for work, a day about town, or a special night out. You can add some extra style with a pretty jeweled hair clip, or wrap a pretty scarf around the elastic for an extra pop of color.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016