A bun is a classic style which is suitable for special events or a day about town. If you have an evening gown with a beautiful neckline, a bun will help to accentuate it. In order to properly style a bun, your hair needs to be at least a bit past your shoulders. Day old hair works the best since it is not as slick as just washed hair, but if you feel the need to wash your hair first use some mousse or gel to make your hair more manageable. You can style a bun with some volume or go for a slicked back ballerina look.
For a bun with some volume, first apply a volumizing product to your roots and comb throughout your hair. Blow dry it with a large barrel brush pulling your hair up and back. Next use a few sprays of dry shampoo and backcomb the roots for extra volume. Dry shampoo is an excellent styling product that adds volume without product buildup. Pull your hair back into a ponytail, you can make it as high or low as you want, and secure it with a covered elastic. Spray the hair in the ponytail with hairspray to make it easier to work with, and wrap the ends of your hair around the elastic. Secure the ends with hairpins and bobby pins, and then spray your entire head with hairspray to keep everything in place.
For a slicked back look comb gel through your hair and blow dry it in the same manner as a volumized bun. Use a paddle brush to smooth your hair back into a ponytail and secure it with a covered elastic. Spray your entire head with hairspray. Spray the ends of your hair with a bit more hair spray and wrap them around the elastic. Secure with hairpins and bobby pins. Spray your hair with an anti-frizz product and more hairspray for control and you’re ready to go.
You may want to ask your stylist to help you the first couple of times so you can get the technique down. She can also recommend professional styling products to get the look you want.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016