Women over 50 can still look fabulous with the right hairstyle. One thing you want to avoid is hard edges and super short hair. It used to be once you hit 40 you got the regulation short hair cut. But thankfully today you have several choices in hairstyles that are youthful and flattering. Soft layers are the secret to looking great over 50. Dimensional color is also a good choice. Avoid very dark hair color, this doesn’t look natural. If you have naturally dark hair, have your stylist add some soft caramel highlights to frame your face. This will give your hair color a lift and soften your features.
A medium shag is a good cut for any age. It gives you layers to increase volume and it one of the most versatile hairstyles around. Celebrities who have worn medium shags include Raquel Welch, she looks great in a medium shag and she is well over 50.
A layered bob also gives you volume and movement. Layers framing your face will flatter your features and bring out your eyes. You can wear a layered bob straight, wavy or curly depending on your hair texture. A shoulder length layered bob is easy to maintain and style.
If you want to wear your hair longer, try soft layers. With soft layers you can also wear your hair in waves or curls. Today’s curls are vertical. When you wrap your hair in hot rollers or on your curling iron, hold them vertically. Use your fingers to fluff your hair or gently brush them out for a softer look.
A pixie is still very on trend, and for a woman over 50 the perfect short haircut. There are several styles of pixies to choose from. You can wear it short or on the long side. Pixies are also very versatile. You can wear them textured or with less volume depending on your hair texture and thickness.
Women over 50 have many hairstyles to choose from today. Ask your stylist which one she recommends for you. She’ll know your lifestyle, hair texture and which cut and color will look best on you.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016