After doing some hairstyle soul searching, it’s common for women with naturally-short hair to realize that their inner desire is to flaunt longer, thicker hair. Ditching the pixie to rock some lengthier locks is a one-salon-visit reality, nowadays, thanks to the latest in hair extension technology.
The magic of hair extensions (with the help of a clever stylist) makes it possible for celebrities like Kate Beckinsale and Victoria Beckham to surprise the world, regularly, with new and different changing-length hairstyles in just over the course of a couple of days. Hair extensions go a long way for the girl-next-door because they are a quick, easy and surprisingly affordable alternative to waiting for hair to grow out.
Hair Extension Fundamentals
• Extensions are braided, glued or woven into the existing hair–stylist can even clip them in for temporarily sporting longer locks at special events.
• Adding hair extensions is a painless procedure.
• Hair as short as three inches long can qualify for extensions, although the size of your locks may be limited if your hair is less than four inches.
• Extensions add not just length, but also, volume too, which is perfect for fine, limp or thinning hair.
• Clients can also add to their new look some gentle-to-rowdy highlights or even color.
Hair Extension Care
Hair extensions need tender-loving-care just like regular hair and even more so in the warmer months. Here’s our guide on how to maintain your hair extensions throughout the year.
• First, always keep your extensions nourished and moisturized for looking ideal both day and night. You need to make sure that UV rays won’t ruin your new lock investment. Applying a silicone-coating spritz throughout the day will help to keep your extensions moisturized and hydrated, which is an absolute must when it comes to hair extension upkeep!
• No swimming pools! Getting your extensions pool-wet is a big no-no; chlorine will play absolute havoc with your extensions, and it will cause you needing to wash out the chemical several times.
• On the same note, never expose extensions to salt spray. Even though, the surf and beach wave look is stunning during the summer, using salt spray on hair extensions to mimic a sun-tanned appearance is a huge–No! The alcohol in salt spray will only dry out your extensions and cause them to become tangled and matted. Some curl enhancing, leave-in conditioner will produce the same effect without the damage!
For long-lasting hair extensions in Oklahoma City, call me (Anastasia) for an appointment.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016