Carrie Underwood caused quite a stir at a CMA function recently. Her fans thought she had cut off her beautiful long hair in favor of a short bob. But upon closer inspection, Carrie had used a very popular method of getting her hair off her neck, and getting a new look without going under the scissors. An underpinned bun is the perfect solution to hot and humid late summer days and nights. This style may look complicated and hard to pull off, but with a bit of practice and plenty of hair pins you can have this look.
First start out with day old hair since it is not as slick as just washed hair. If you have freshly washed hair, use a bit of hairspray or dry shampoo to give it some texture. Apply a heat protecting product and take random sections of your hair and curl them with a medium barrel curling iron. Alternate curling the sections toward your face and away from it for a messy chic look. Once your hair is dry, spritz it with hairspray and gently brush it out to form waves. Next gather the back of your hair up into a low ponytail and form a bun. Pin the bun up under your hair leaving the front sections loose and wavy. Be sure to use enough pins to hold the bun securely. Use a generous amount of hairspray to keep everything secure and under control.
This style is perfect if you want to keep your long locks, but need to put it up for a special event. An underpinned bun will keep you cool this summer and give you a whole new look. Ask your stylist for help if you can’t get the technique down. She’ll be happy to help you and give you recommendations for professional products to keep your hair and style looking great.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016