The forecast for autumn hair this year is out. Runways are overwrought with contrasts. From stick straight to punk, this coming season offers plenty of surprises. If you like to stay in-the-know when it comes to hair and fashion, study up on the latest and greatest soon-to-be trends. Chances are, you’ll find yourself at the salon in the near future for a striking new do or color.
It’s no secret that some of the fashion trends from the 1980’s have found their way back into mainstream society and this fall, there are new, 1980’s-inspired hair styles to go with. New takes on punk and over-the-top volume will no doubt go well with cut-off shirts and loud colors. For those of us who take pride in turning heads and making jaws drop, these styles will do the trick, but for ladies who prefer less dramatic changes, there are plenty of options available as well.
There were plenty of low ponies, similar to those that were positioned at the nape this spring. Earlier in the year, hair was ironed out into sleek, straight textures, but this fall brings some curls and waves. Tendrils along the side of the face give this coming season’s hair a more relaxed and informal appearance. Hair cuts that frame the face can really bring this look together. This fall, don’t be afraid to try out a variety of different renditions of the low pony. There are plenty of different takes on this tried and true style.
You may want to talk to your stylist before attempting side faux bangs, another new development on the runways for this fall. For those of us who don’t like to commit to bangs and the subsequent outgrowth that can be awkward and unsightly, side faux bangs offer an interesting alternative. But they have to be done just right with a simple side part. A hair cut that leaves plenty of locks for a side sweep is essential along with a few bobby pins (to tuck the hair neatly behind the ears).
Hair for formal gatherings may require a bit more volume than a lot of ladies are used to. Some have referred to the new trend as “riotous volume”, in fact. Though this fall’s “big hair” isn’t feathered back like it was in the 1980’s, you may need a stylist to get the volume just right.
And finally, edgy new punk looks are still “in” with faux feathers and extensions leading the way. Everything from half bangs to bathing cap wigs with pin curls is acceptable fare this fall. Depending on your personal taste, you may want to invest in extensions from the salon made with real hair. These are often more comfortable and last longer than knock-offs.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016