Almost all little girls have worn braids one time or another in their lives. Many of us remember our mothers parting our hair down the middle of our heads and pulling our hair up into pigtails and then braiding them. Remember the balls of all sorts of colors and sizes that used to whip around and make noise when we turned out heads? Or how about the French Braids that our mothers did that were so tight we looked like we’d had a facelift? Maybe you spent your childhood with a head full of cornrows. And who can forget the ponytail? This style is worn by young girls and women alike.
This season celebrities like Blake Lively and Fergie are showing up around town with a new sophisticated version of the classic braid. Their hair is pulled back into a ponytail and braided to fall down their backs. This is a new twist on an old classic. You can wear it high on your head or let it lay on the nape of your neck. A braided ponytail gives you another option besides just pulling your hair back in hot weather.
Get the Look
To achieve this look you first need to start with healthy hair. Visit your stylist and get your ends trimmed. This will get rid of any split ends and give your hair new life. Be sure to use a shampoo and conditioner that protects your hair’s color and adds moisture during the summer. Use styling products that guard your hair from the sun’s damaging rays (talk to Anastasia about these when you make your appointment). Just like your skin, the sun can cause your hair to become damaged and oxidize your color to make it look brassy and faded.
To style your hair into a braided ponytail, brush your hair back with a natural bristle brush that is gentle on your hair and scalp. Gather your hair into a ponytail and use a covered elastic to protect it from breakage. Next braid your hair in a soft loose braid or a tight one for a different look. If you have thick hair you can even braid it into several sections and then gather them together with another covered elastic at the ends. The last step is to pull a small section of hair out of the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic at your scalp. This will give you a polished and finished look.
Spritz your hair with a light finishing spray and you’re ready of a casual get together or a night on the town. Anastasia has a complete line of Pureology Professional products to maintain and repair your hair and she can recommend products tailored to your hair’s specific needs.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016