The winter season is not only hard on your skin but also on your hair. You need to take time out to invest in some good hair care solutions in winter or you will end up with brittle and dry hair. Even if you show a little bit of negligence towards your hair, it can end up damaging your hair for a long time. This is exactly why you need to take special care of your hair during the winter season. Some of the very basic things you need to do in order to ensure that you have healthy and smooth hair in winter are given below:
Regular hair message:
If you want to have healthy, frizz-free hair in winter, it is extremely important to give your hair regular oil messages. You can choose any kind of hair oil that suits your hair type, such as mustard oil, coconut oil, olive oil, etc. Giving your scalp a good message is a great way of boosting circulation. In order to give yourself a good hot oil message, just cover your hair with a damp warm towel for at least 15 to 20 minutes. It will allow maximum absorption of the oil and give your hair the moisture it needs to look healthy and shiny.
Keep it Clean:
Most people do not realize the importance of keeping your hair clean. When your hair is dirty, it can increase dandruff and make your hair look greasy at all time. Make sure that you wash your hair on a regular basis to keep it healthy and clean.
Avoid harsh Products:
On the other hand, some people use shampoos and conditioners which are too harsh for their hair types and end up leaving the hair dull and brittle as they strip the hair of the natural oils and moisture. Consult your hair stylist before choosing any kind of shampoo or conditioner as he can guide you properly. Same goes for hair dyes; only use the good quality hair colors that suit your hair type or you will end up facing hair loss.
Don’t brush wet hair:
When your hair is wet, brushing it or tying it up in a knot can do a lot of damage. Always detangle wet hair with your fingers and do not tie it up until it is properly dry.
Satin Pillow covers:
You might not be aware of the fact, but sleeping on cotton pillow covers can damage your hair as it causes friction between the hair and the pillow cover. Buy satin pillow covers as they are gentle to your hair and you can visibly notice the difference in your hair condition once you switch the pillow covers.
Having a balanced diet is essential for healthy hair, whether it is summer or winter. Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated and don’t forget to take your minerals and proteins. Fruits and fresh vegetables are not only great for your figure but also work magic for your hair.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016