Choosing the right hair color based on your complexion and skin tone can be hard. The same shade that looks great on one of your friends might look terrible on you. There are hundreds of choices available and you can go with any shade you want as long as it complements your looks. Since coloring your hair requires time, money and effort, it is important to choose wisely as you cannot change the color every few weeks.
A few simple tips on how to choose the hair color that is best for you.
1. Examining eye color & skin tone:
Your natural hair color, eye color and skin tone are very important in choosing the right hair color. If you have dark eyes and dark skin tone, it is always wise to choose a hair color that is only a few shades lighter or darker than your original hair color. For instance, blond hair color might not suit someone who has olive complexion with black or brown eyes. On the other hand, if you have lighter skin and blue, green or grey eyes, you might be able to pull it off.
The best way to make sure that you are choosing the right color is to search for some photos of people who have similar complexions and select the color they have used.
2. Choose the right tint:
Nowadays there are so many options to choose form that within every color there are several tints available. So if you decide you want to color your hair brown, make sure that you also choose the right tint. You can get a shade card for any hair color company and get advice from your hair stylist on which tint would be the best choice for you.
3. Go to a saloon:
Many people try to color their own hair, but it is trickier than it appears. Moreover, if you want to get highlights or mix different shades, it is always better to go to a professional rather than trying it on your own. Moreover, a stylist can guide on making the right color choice as he/she has a lot of experience in dealing with different hair colors and types.
4. Take a Photo with you:
If you already have a color in mind, the best approach is to take a photo of someone who has that same hair color. You might not be able to explain the shade to the stylist very clearly, but a photo will guide him exactly to the right shade.
5. Don’t try something drastic:
When you are dying your hair for the first time, make sure that choose a subtle shade as you might not like the color after a few washes and wish to change it. It is easier to cover lighter hair variations but if you get highlights you might have to get a lot of hair treatment just to get it back to one shade. So get your hair stylist’s advice before you do anything to your hair.
Finding a tint you’ll like should involve talking to your stylist, bringing pictures, and being willing to experiment to hone in on your exact favorite shade.
- How to Stay In-Vogue Without the Hassle - August 18, 2016
- Three Diverse Hair Straightening Solutions For 2016 - August 15, 2016
- How to Protect Your Expensive Style from The Weather - May 2, 2016
- Going Granny Gray: The Color Trend That’s So Hot Right Now - April 29, 2016
- Is It Time For A Makeover? - April 17, 2016
- Hair Texture, The Rules, And How To Break Them - April 1, 2016
- Chic Hairstyles For The 2016 Bridesmaid - March 5, 2016
- Style Tips For Five Different Faces - February 11, 2016
- Balayage vs. Foiling…Which Is For Me? - December 17, 2015
- Poker-Straight Hair Makes A Comeback - December 17, 2015