One of the worst problem women of all age and hair types go through is split ends. They appear out of nowhere and make your hair look untidy and unruly. Sometimes a nice trim might not even be able to get rid of all the split ends in your hair.
So, what does this mean? Is there no solution to the problem of slit ends? Well, the truth is there are many ways you can treat slit ends and make them go away forever.
After all, proper care and a targeted beauty regimen can do wonders for your hair.
Before you deal with the problem of split ends, it is important to understand what causes them. Otherwise all your hard work might have been for nothing. Basically split ends occur when hair becomes over dry and brittle and is exposed to excessive heat and rough treatment over a long period of time. All these things destroy the protective cuticle present on the hair shaft and result in split ends.
The problem with split ends is that once you have destroyed the hair follicle, it is impossible to restore it. However, the good thing is that since the hair splits from the end you can control them as soon as split ends appear.
Once your hair develops a slit end, the best thing you can do is cut it off then and there. If you don’t trim it instantly, the split end will develop further and can go up to 3 cm long. Make sure to visit your hairstylist every month for a proper hair trim.
Grab the Scissors:
The problem with split ends is that you cannot hope to get them all out at in a single appointment at the hair salon. So it is best that you keep trimming your hair at a regular interval. Don’t worry! Trimming your hair at home is not difficult at all and anyone can do it.
Just take a small section of hair and start twisting it downwards. This will make all the split ends stand out so you can easily cut them off. Keep repeating this till you get most of the split ends visible in your hair.
Taking Care of your Hair:
The only long term and permanent solution to split ends is taking really good care of your hair. Treat your hair as nicely as possible and bestow special attention on it to make sure that it grows nice and healthy.
Don’t wash your hair with hot water; always use cold or lukewarm water. Also talk to your hairstylist which shampoo, hair conditioner and styling product are suitable for your hair type and are not harsh.
After washing your hair, always dry by patting with a soft towel. Excessive rubbing can damage the cuticle and lead to more split ends.
Use protective serums before blow-drying or straightening your hair. Constant high heat can be damaging for your hair if used without the proper hair care products.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016