Giuseppe (Guy) and Gaetano (Toni) grew up near Pompeii and found their passion for hairstyling at an early age. After school they would visit their father’s hair salon and help out by washing hair and eventually moving on to doing perms. This love of hairdressing is reflected in the outstanding service and products that Toni and Guy have become famous for all over the world. In 1963 Toni and Guy opened their first salon in London. Truly a family business, their younger brothers Bruno and Anthony joined them in the 1980’s. Today you can find Toni and Guy salons in over 400 locations around the world.
Their product line TIGI is considered one of the premier lines in the beauty industry. The TIGI product line includes Bedhead, TIGI Catwalk, S Factor, B for Men, Rockaholic, TIGI Colour, and Love Peace The Planet. As the company grew, the brothers recognized a need for a younger and fresher approach and in 1997 Essensuals Salons were born. Toni’s children, Sasha and Christian are at the helm of this thriving branch of the business targeted at the younger generation.
Toni and Guy have been honored several times for their outstanding salons and products. Some of these honors include winning London Hairdresser of the Year 11 times, South West Hairdresser of the Year in 2006, the Young and Talented Award in 2010, HAIR Magazine’s Hairdresser of the Year in 2008 for Sasha Mascolo-Tarbuck and Essentials Magazine’s 2006 Reader’s Favourite Nationwide Salon.
On May 6, 2009 Guy suffered a fatal heart attack at his home in Dallas. This was a devastating loss for the family but his brothers and family continue Guy’s vision of excellent service and innovative products. The company launched it own magazine in the United Kingdom and in-salon TV station, Toni and Guy TV. In its world wide academies, the Toni and Guy group pass on their youthful and dynamic style of hairdressing. Toni & Guy has become a leader of worldwide style and fashion. With the leadership of the family, Toni & Guy promises to be an innovator and trend setter for many years to come.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016