Talented hairstylist Ken Paves is not only a leader in the beauty industry — you can tell by his appearances on America’s Next Top Model and the Oprah Show, and his A-list of celebrity clients — but he is also a firm believer in giving back to the world the benefits of his success and helping people in need. He is a supporter of Operation Smile, a group of dedicated medical professionals who travel the world in an effort to assist people who live in poverty and have experienced the devastating effects of natural disasters. The doctors and medical professionals with Operation Smile also provide free surgery for children who are born with cleft lips and palettes helping them to lead normal lives. These doctors and medical professionals volunteer their time and services and Ken Paves is an ardent supporter of their efforts.
On Ken’s website he has issued a challenge to raise $25,000 for the Hair for Haiti campaign. This effort is being coordinated by UNICEF and many salons are participating in this effort. Besides taking donations, salons are offering their services at a reduced price and then donating the proceeds to the Hair for Haiti relief effort. Hair for Haiti uses the money raised to provide relief for the victims of the earthquake that devastated Haiti earlier this year. Fresh water, food, rebuilding efforts and health care are all provided through the funds raised by Hair for Haiti.
Ken Paves got his start after graduating from cosmetology school in 1994. He grew up in New Baltimore, a suburb of Detroit, Michigan. Soon after graduation he relocated to Miami and was an assistant to star stylist, Oribe. He moonlighted doing stripper’s hair and when Oribe saw how he could do big beautiful hair when his clients started showing up in the shop, his career took off. Before Jessica Simpson hired him in 1998 to be her stylist, he studied at the Vidal Sassoon Academy and at the Toni & Guy Institute.
While traveling with other celebrity stylists he worked on creating hairstyles for the couture collections of Valtenino, Versace and other designers. He has styled the hair of Jennifer Lopez for the movies Monster in Law, The Wedding Planner and Jersey Girl. He was also the hairstylist and makeup artist for Carmen Electra on the set of You Don’t Know Jack. Ken Pave has a successful line of products and hair extensions along with several highly successful salons. His love of beauty and desire to give back to help others makes him a truly stellar celebrity hairstylist and humanitarian.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016