Welcome to this week’s Hairstyles in the News! This week’s celebrities are wearing long luxurious waves and curls, a classic men’s cut and and example of the newest trend, subtle highlights. Long waves and curls have been on trend for a while now, and it would seem they will still be popular through this coming season and the next. For your waves and curls to look their best, they need to be properly moisturized and maintained. Use products that protect your hair from high heat appliances and keep up on your trims to prevent split ends. Now on to the celebrity styles!
Julianne Hough wore her hair in long waves at the recent Footloose premier. You can have this style by curling your hair with a large barrel curling iron, backcombing it a bit all over and then spritzing it with hold spray.
Andie MacDowell has gloriously curly hair and it looked fabulous at the Footloose premier, too. To get this look, use some curl activator and a diffuser on your blow dryer. A bit of anti-frizz spray will help keep everything under control, and give your curls extra shine.
Reese Witherspoon was sporting a new long layered cut at the recent Smashbox Art Mere/Art Pere Night. This is a low maintenance cut which looks good on almost every face shape. Simply use a paddle brush to blow dry your air, scrunch it up a bit with some hairspray for texture and you’re good to go.
George Clooney had his hair styled in a classic men’s cut for his recent movie, Ides of March. This cut is great for any age and is super easy to maintain. You can wear it parted to the side like George, or go with one of the hottest trends and slick it back for an edgy look.
Julia Roberts has her hair highlighted to give her a natural sunkissed look. This season’s highlights are more natural looking and frame the face. Her stylist also gave her some color graduation toward the ends that give her color a lift, and make her look like she spent the summer on the beach.
That’s it for this week. As always if you see a look you love, ask your stylist to make it your own. Don’t forget to ask her about the right tools and techniques to give you the hottest celebrity styles. Until next week, be safe and be stylish.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016