Welcome to this week’s Hairstyles in the News! This week we have a variety of celebrity looks for you to check out. Braids remain a strong trend as well as darker hair color for fall and winter. We even have a hairstyle that is causing controversy over whether it is trendy or just wild. See what you think and if you see a look you love, ask your stylist to try it out on you.
Love him or hate him, Justin Beiber knows how to rock his hair. His new faux hawk is one of the most popular men’s styles to come along. The key to this style is a great cut. The top need to be longer so you can style it forward and up. You can pull the sides forward or let them fall naturally. Use gel and wax paste to get the lift and height you need to pull off this look.
Rhianna wore a similar style about a year ago. The hair on her crown is much longer and you’ll need more product to get enough lift for this style. Use a barrel brush and pull your hair straight up when you blow dry it, and you may want to backcomb the roots to keep your hair in the air.
Delta Goodrem, a popular Australian singer, attended the recent Avon Foundation For Women Global Voices for Change Awards Gala at the Marriott Marquis Times Square with a braided hairband and long curls. This is a very sweet look and can be worn at any special occasion. This would be a perfect look for a bride or for prom.
Busy Phillips at the Young Literati 4th Annual benefit takes a bit of a different tack with her braids. She has several braids going from her deep side part and then pinned behind her ear. She has her hair pulled up into an updo, but you could wear these braids with your hair loose for a more relaxed look.
Frankie Cocozza from the X-Factor is known for his wild hair and antics on the show. If you look at his style, you can see it’s not really a mess but a well orchestrated style with plenty of texture and body. This is a good example of the bed head look. If you don’t have naturally curly or wavy hair use a curling iron to get random curls all over your head. Use your fingers as a comb with some styling paste for hold.
Emily Blunt made the transition to brunette hair and is right on trend for fall and winter. If you have light blonde hair you may want to gradually ease into brunette. There are several shades of brunette to choose from and your stylist will help you get the one that will look the best on you.
That’s it for this week. As the weather cools off we’re sure to see more darker colors. Consider giving brunette hair color a try and have your stylist show you what shades will flatter your skin tone. We’ll be back next week with more celebrity styles and trends. Be safe and remember to have fun with your hair until then.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016