Boys and girls hair styles can be as fun and as varied as their parent’s. Whether your child wants a long or short style, he or she has a wide range of styles to choose from. There are many factors that will help you to determine which type of style will work for your child.
The first thing to consider is your child’s age. If very young, you may want to consider a simple cut. You will be the one who has to take care of your young child’s hair, and you don’t want a cut that will require a lot of maintenance. Young children look best in simple, carefree styles.
Take lifestyle into consideration. Is your child active and plays sports? If so, consider a shorter style that is easy to care for like a short comb forward style for boys. Active girls may prefer a short bob or layered cut that is wash and go with a minimal amount of styling time, while some may want to have long hair that they can pull back into a ponytail to give them more options.
As your child nears teenage years they will want more sophisticated styles. There are several options available that are easy to care for yet give your pre-teen a hip sense of style. Just look at any Disney or Nickelodeon show and you will see that boys and girls alike have short and long styles that have a lot of fun and movement. Encourage your pre-teen to stay with styles that don’t require a lot of fuss and product since they will still have get to school on time, and they need enough sleep.
No matter what style your child desires, a good stylist can help you and your child make the right choice for their age and lifestyle. Mimicking popular styles should be moderated by tailoring them to your child’s hair type and thickness. Consult a stylist who enjoys working with children.
Anastasia is a salon hair stylist in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Out of town appointments welcome.
- How to Stay In-Vogue Without the Hassle - August 18, 2016
- Three Diverse Hair Straightening Solutions For 2016 - August 15, 2016
- How to Protect Your Expensive Style from The Weather - May 2, 2016
- Going Granny Gray: The Color Trend That’s So Hot Right Now - April 29, 2016
- Is It Time For A Makeover? - April 17, 2016
- Hair Texture, The Rules, And How To Break Them - April 1, 2016
- Chic Hairstyles For The 2016 Bridesmaid - March 5, 2016
- Style Tips For Five Different Faces - February 11, 2016
- Balayage vs. Foiling…Which Is For Me? - December 17, 2015
- Poker-Straight Hair Makes A Comeback - December 17, 2015