Updos give you and your stylist a chance to show off your creativity. Updos are great hairstyles for special occasions or when you want to get your hair off your neck and still look polished. Recently at the Crown Oaks Day at the Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne, Australia Sarah Jessica Parker wore her hair in a curly updo with a stunning black and yellow jeweled hair clip. Although Sarah’s style may look complicated, it is really very easy to do.
First decide if you need any human hair extensions to get the curl and volume you need for this look. If you do, be sure to purchase high quality human hair extensions since you’ll be using a curling iron on them. Do not use any type of heat on synthetic extensions because it will damage them. Next pull your hair up into a high ponytail and take two inch sections and curl them. As you curl each section pin it so that the curl remains while your hair is cooling.
Once all of the sections are curled and cooled, you can twist them, roll them and pin the up to create a lovely full updo. Be creative and try different looks to get the one you like best. You may want to have your hairstylist help you the first time you do this updo since two sets of hands are better than one. Add a pretty hair clip or barrette and you’ll have one of the hottest looks this year. Spray everything with a medium to heavy hold hairspray to keep it all up and in place. You may want to add some shine spray to boost up the shine.
Hair accessories are very trendy this season and if you keep your eyes open you can find them fairly cheaply. Look in boutique stores and outlets for specials. The end of the season is another time to pick up some cute hair accessories on the cheap. If you’re crafty you can even try your hand at making your own. Always remember to ask our stylist for recommendations for professional products to help you get the style you want, and keep your hair healthy looking and manageable.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016