Many women have the mistaken idea that as they get older, their hairstyle options get smaller. Nothing could be farther from the truth! Nowhere is it written that once you get past a certain age you have to wear your grandmother’s hairstyle.
Celebrities have known that a good hair cut can make or break your look. Take a look at Annette Benning, or Jane Seymour, Isabella Rossellini, Glend Close, Blythe Danner, or Michelle Pfeiffer. All of them are past fifty and look young and vibrant. What is one of Annette Benning’s secrets? Her hair, it’s short, blonde and wispy. Glenn Close’s chin length layered cut highlights her terrific bone structure and pulls your attention up to her fabulous blue eyes. Soft waves and highlights frame Blythe Danner’s classic beauty. And who can argue that Michelle Pfeiffer’s tousled mass of curls doesn’t make her look young and sexy? All of these actresses are over fifty but still look fresh and youthful.
Finding a talented stylist is key to getting the right cut and style. An experienced beauty professional can give you a personalized consultation to find a style that meets your hair’s needs and fits into your lifestyle.
- If you’re a wash and go type of woman, a fun short layered style will let you get up and out in the morning with a minimal amount of fuss.
- Soft curls that frame your face will help to soften your features and give you a feminine grace.
- Nothing beats a classic bob for a polished youthful look. Today’s bobs are versatile and have depth and movement to keep the look fresh.
Yes you can wear long hair after fifty. The key is to have some height at the crown. Another key is to have your layers frame your face so that one length does not pull your face down and make you look older. With these tips in mind, you can find a hairstyle that will not only boost your spirits but make you look and feel younger.
Anastasia is a salon hair stylist in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Out of town appointments welcome.
- How to Stay In-Vogue Without the Hassle - August 18, 2016
- Three Diverse Hair Straightening Solutions For 2016 - August 15, 2016
- How to Protect Your Expensive Style from The Weather - May 2, 2016
- Going Granny Gray: The Color Trend That’s So Hot Right Now - April 29, 2016
- Is It Time For A Makeover? - April 17, 2016
- Hair Texture, The Rules, And How To Break Them - April 1, 2016
- Chic Hairstyles For The 2016 Bridesmaid - March 5, 2016
- Style Tips For Five Different Faces - February 11, 2016
- Balayage vs. Foiling…Which Is For Me? - December 17, 2015
- Poker-Straight Hair Makes A Comeback - December 17, 2015