A romantic soft updo is the perfect style for a wedding or prom. The secret to perfecting a soft updo is to let your hair look natural and not slicked down and tight. This creates a soft profile that is feminine and very pretty. There are several romantic soft updo ideas and your stylist can help you decide which one is perfect for your face shape and event. Before you try out a style, gather the following items:
- Large paddle brush
- Large barrel brush
- Rat tail or styling comb
- Volumizing mousse or gel
- Large rollers
- Large or medium barrel curling iron
- Blow dryer
- Anti-frizz serum for naturally curly hair
- Medium hold hairspray
- Shine spray
A very easy romantic soft updo is a variation on a French Twist. Traditionally a French Twist is very sleek and structured. In this variation though it is soft and a bit loose. First apply volumizing mousse or gel to towel dried hair. Next use a large barrel brush and starting at the roots dry your hair with a blow dryer. Concentrate the flow of hot air on the roots of your hair first and work your way down the shaft. You can use your fingers and a lower speed to get more volume after your roots are dry.
Now with your curling iron take small sections of hair and curl them from the ends up to the roots. Be careful not to pull the curl out when you remove your curling iron and roll your hair up on a large roller and secure it with a hairpin. Do this on your entire head of hair and let the curls cool off. Remove the curls and very lightly brush out your hair with the large paddle brush.
Gather your hair together at the nape of your neck and twist it into a French Twist leaving the ends out to spill out over the back of your head. Secure the roll with hairpins and use a comb to gently smooth out the sides of your hair. Spray with hairspray and shine spray. If you have very thick hair you can also use a hair clip to secure your hair and hide it under the curls.
You can use the curling iron to define your curls if you like. You can also wear bangs or leave some curls loose to frame your face. Another option is to back comb the hair on the crown of your head to give it some height.
Ask your stylist to help you obtain this style. She can help you look your best for your special day. Be sure to book your appointment well enough in advance so that she has plenty of time to get your soft romantic updo just right.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016