Natural hair is a beautiful way to wear your hair, but it does require some special considerations to keep it healthy looking and frizz free. Moisture is your biggest concern for natural hair because without ample moisture, your hair will be frizzy, dull and lifeless. There are many ways to wear your hair naturally. You can style it in an afro, in braids, wear dreadlocks and let it curl and do its own thing. No matter how you wear your hair, you can use these simple tips to keep it looking and feeling great.
Use a moisturizing system to nourish and protect your hair. Products with Argan oil are perfect to use on natural hair. Argan oil moisturizes and gives your hair the essential oils it needs without being greasy. MorroccanOil has a complete line of products to keep your hair healthy and is recommended by professional stylists to keep your hair looking and feeling healthy.
Keep your scalp healthy. For healthy hair you need a healthy scalp. Use a moisturizer (argan oil is a great choice for your scalp, too) on your scalp and avoid rubbing vigorously when you shampoo. Only use your fingertips and never your fingernails. Your fingernails can scratch your scalp and leave you open to infection. Many people who think they have dandruff actually have a dry scalp. Dandruff is a medical condition that is accompanied with crusty spots and sometimes sores. If you develop sores or tender spots on your scalp, see your doctor for a diagnosis.
Always use a heat protectant before you use a flat iron, hot comb or hot rollers. This product protects your hair from the high heat of styling tools. You need to protect your hair from heat so that you don’t experience breakage or singe your hair. Some styling tools reach over 400 degrees, so protect your hair before you use them.
Use a leave in curl definer to create soft curls. After you wash and dry your hair, use a curl defining product to form soft curls for more definition in your style. You can also use this product after you use hot rollers or a curling iron.
Spritz on a shine spray for extra shine and to keep your hair soft. Shine spray also protects your hair from the elements and is a smart last step for natural hair.
Wrap your hair at night. Use a silk scarf and wrapping lotion to keep your hair from becoming tangled and frizzy. If you’re not sure how to do this, ask your stylist to show you. Once you get the hang of wrapping, it’s not hard and very beneficial to natural hair. With some care and the right products, you can enjoy the freedom and beauty of natural hair.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016