Ponytails are a great way to wear your hair for special occasion or just around town. They keep your hair off your neck and keep it under control. Ponytails are the perfect answer for frizz control on hot humid days. Recently at the Oscar’s Sandra Bullock looked polished and sexy in a sleek pony. This style may look hard to do, but it is very easy with the right tools and techniques.
You’ll need a blow dryer, a flat iron, hair clips, flat brush, wide tooth comb, thermal protection spray, smoothing serum, a covered elastic, and bobby pins. On towel dried hair apply thermal protection spray. Comb your hair straight and divide it into four equal sections and secure them with hair clips. Blow dry each section of your hair using a paddle brush. Direct the hot air right onto your hair and pull it down the hair shaft as your pull the brush through your hair. Once your hair is dry divide it into sections again and flat iron it so it is smooth and sleek.
Using the paddle brush, brush your hair back into a high ponytail and secure it with a covered elastic. (Always use covered elastics to prevent breakage and damage to the hair shaft.) Once you have your hair pulled back, carefully pull out a small section and wrap it around the base of the ponytail. Secure this with some bobby pins. Apply a small dab of smoothing serum to the palm of your hands and run them down the length of your ponytail to give it extra shine and smoothness. Now you’re ready for the red carpet, or any occasion you want to look polished and sexy.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016