Welcome to the first edition of Hairstyles in the News for 2012! The New Year is a time for resolutions and new beginnings. Hairstyles are no exception and the latest trend is short hair. This week we’ll look at some of the most popular and upcoming trends in short hair for women. If you see a style you like, ask your stylist for recommendations to make it work for your face shape and lifestyle.
Tina Mojorino had her hair styled in a cute layered cut at Fox’s “Napoleon Dynamite” Sound-A-Like contest. You can get this style by asking your stylist for a short layered cut and randomly curling sections of your hair vertically on your curling iron. Use some styling paste to piece out the curls and give your hair more definition.
Michelle Williams had her hair cut in a cute pixie at at the 2012 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala. The pixie continues to be a very popular hairstyle. Michelle’s is cut very short and worn simply. Pixies can be worn many different ways and look great straight, wavy or curly.
Jenna Elfman attended the premiere reception for Showtime’s “Shameless” Season 2 with her hair cut in a short angled bob with long side fringe. This is a good cut if you have a high forehead or very square jaw as the side fringe adds a bit of softness to your face.
Jenny McCarthy’s longer blonde angular bob is an example of a style that will add some definition to your face. This is a great look for round faces since the deep side part helps to create the illusion of an oval face shape. The length is a bit longer and frames her face very well.
Brook Burns’ wavy cut is very feminine and flatters almost every face shape. To get this look you can use hot rollers or a curling iron. If you have naturally wavy or curly hair, all you need is a bit of texture spray to bring out the natural wave pattern.
Model Tao Okamoto’s bowl cut makes a statement with its angles and heavy bangs. This is not a cut for the faint of heart, but if you’ve got the moxie to pull it off it is a stunning style. Use anti-frizz spray and a flat iron if your hair is not straight.
That’s all for this week. Short hair isn’t for everyone, but if you want a change of pace you may want to give it a try. Always remember, hair will grow back so no style is forever. Until next week, be safe and keep your eye out for the next celebrity hair trend.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016