Women with naturally curly hair are discovering the freedom and beauty of letting their natural texture shine. Wearing your hair naturally is not only freeing, but it helps to keep you hair healthy looking. When you use high heat tools such as a flat iron, curling iron, and blow dryer you sap the moisture out of your hair and these tools can damage your hair causing frizz and split ends. This can make you end up with a head of fuzzy out of control hair. But if you learn to work with your natural texture and curl patterns, you can have a head of glorious beautiful hair.
Your first step is to find a stylist who knows how to work with curly hair. Curly hair presents its own set of challenges for the stylist. It is very different to cut and style curly hair than wavy or straight hair. Visit your stylist every four to six weeks (depending on how fast your hair grows) to maintain the shape of your style and get split ends trimmed. This will not only keep your look fresh, but help to cut down on frizz.
Moisture is your curly hair’s best friend. Look for cleansing, conditioning, and styling products free of sulfates and alcohol. Ask your stylist to give you recommendations on professional products to keep your hair looking and feeling great. A leave in conditioner is one of the best products to use to keep naturally curly hair manageable and soft. Anti-frizz serum should be a curly headed girl’s best friend. These products coat your hair to help reduce static electricity and give your hair an extra boost of shine.
Always pat your hair dry and avoid rubbing it with a towel after you cleanse and condition it. This will help cut down on tangles and frizz. Use the diffuser attachment on your blow dryer, and use your fingers to fluff your hair as you dry it. Never brush wet hair, it is very fragile when wet. Instead use a wide tooth comb or hair pick to get out any tangles. You can also use some curl booster on towel dried hair to give your curls definition. A bit of paste after your hair is dry will also help to define your curls. Embrace your natural curls and let their beauty shine this season.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016