A chin length bob flatters almost every face shape. It is a classic look that can be worn all one length or layered. It is one of the most versatile cuts, and has been a popular style for several decades. Angular bobs were popular in the Roaring 20’s and remained a sought after style until the WWII era and experienced a comeback in the 1960’s. Since then the bob has been with us in one form or another and is being reinterpreted constantly as trends and style change and evolve.
Today’s chin length bob can be worn several ways. You can wear it sleek and straight, straight with volume, or with waves or curls. Your bob can be all one length or graduated into shorter layers in the back. A very trendy look is an asymmetrical cut. This is a bob which has one side longer than the other. Your stylist can get very creative with the cut and the possibilities are almost endless.
To style a sleek bob, use a thermal protecting product on you hair before you blow dry it with a large barrel brush. Direct the blow dryer onto your hair as you curl it under. Next take a flat iron to make your hair sleek and shiny. Add a bit of shine spray and you have a classic look. If you prefer some waves or curls, use a curling iron and curl enhancer and use your fingers to fluff your hair as you blow dry it or use hot rollers. You can have all over curls or waves to frame your face. Piece your curls or waves out with your fingers and a bit of styling paste for definition.
Chin length bobs are perfect for triangle, diamond, heart and square faces. If you have a round face, it is best if you wear your bob with a bit of texture so that it does not make your face look rounder. Bangs are also an option or you can wear it with a middle or side part. A chin length bob gives you plenty of options and your stylist can help you choose the style that will look the best on you.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016