If you want to start the new year with a trendy look, consider a layered hair style. The latest styles are layered, carefree, and fresh.
A layered look creates movement and texture, with just the cut alone. You can often enjoy a wash and wear look that looks refreshingly vibrant and cool.
Your choice of layered hair styles will depend on your current hair length, hair thickness, face shape, and lifestyle. Some layered looks require more attention and time to manage properly.
Curly hair is much harder to layer than straight hair, because curls are harder to control. If you have straight, thick and course hair, layering might be your best option because you gain control over the stubborn fly-aways and avoid the “too much hair effect.” Your hair should compliment your facial features – don’t try to go the other way.
Some of your choices for the layered look are a short, textured layered look with fine wisps of hair barely touching your cheeks and forehead. You can even have baby bangs that are above the eyebrows, long enough to be swept upward for formal events. The latest short layered looks are the asymmetrical and textured styles. It’s similar to a boy’s cut but with an edge. Uneven lengths on short hair are best with thicker hair.
Layered medium length hair is versatile, young-looking, and generally fits all ages. If you taper the back and get some soft bangs, you could have a great frame for your face. If you want to focus on your eyes, make sure the bangs aren’t too long. If you want to draw attention to your lips, ask your stylist for some appropriate layering to softly touch your cheeks and chin.
Longer layered hair will need more time to maintain. A great way to layer long hair is by giving it a choppy look – minimal layering with blunt ends – think Meg Ryan. If that’s not your style, maybe the soft layering with curls or waves – it’s youthful, casually sexy, and trendy.
Whichever layered look you choose, it is important to remember that your hair texture and the health of your hair will determine the end result of your layered cut. As always, consult your stylist.
Anastasia is a salon hair stylist in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Out of town appointments welcome.
- How to Stay In-Vogue Without the Hassle - August 18, 2016
- Three Diverse Hair Straightening Solutions For 2016 - August 15, 2016
- How to Protect Your Expensive Style from The Weather - May 2, 2016
- Going Granny Gray: The Color Trend That’s So Hot Right Now - April 29, 2016
- Is It Time For A Makeover? - April 17, 2016
- Hair Texture, The Rules, And How To Break Them - April 1, 2016
- Chic Hairstyles For The 2016 Bridesmaid - March 5, 2016
- Style Tips For Five Different Faces - February 11, 2016
- Balayage vs. Foiling…Which Is For Me? - December 17, 2015
- Poker-Straight Hair Makes A Comeback - December 17, 2015