- Think chunky highlights, and natural color blended.
- Multi tone hair color produces natural hair color with highlights.
- Two tone hair color produces a bold, dramatic look that looks thicker.
Natural color hair is making its’ return: in deeper hues of brown, plum, auburn, and mahogany. Bright shades of red, and blonde. All with undertones of black and lavender.
Because natural color in deeper hues is returning, if you decide to try highlights, remember your skin tone when choosing a color; color helps brighten your look, you may want to be bold and change your make up to complement the new color. Visit the stylist first, then get a makeup consultation.
Need some color tips for this bold uprising?
- Light brown hair with gold highlights, subtle highlights blended for shine.
- Red base or natural red hair color will look great with deep bold red highlights framing the face, with streaks of light blonde in top or deep chocolate.
- Dark red hair color will look great with strawberry blond framing the face and sides.
- Light red hair color will look great with light copper, auburn, strawberry blond or Tahitian red highlights, then use deep apricot, caramel, ginger, or chestnut.
When choosing any duo tone, make sure the colors contrast – for instance, light and dark shades together for brown hair. Again, don’t forget your skin tone, natural hair shade, and personal style! Make sure the colors are from the same color family for dynamic contrast. As always, consult your stylist.
Anastasia is a salon hair stylist in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Out of town appointments welcome.
- How to Stay In-Vogue Without the Hassle - August 18, 2016
- Three Diverse Hair Straightening Solutions For 2016 - August 15, 2016
- How to Protect Your Expensive Style from The Weather - May 2, 2016
- Going Granny Gray: The Color Trend That’s So Hot Right Now - April 29, 2016
- Is It Time For A Makeover? - April 17, 2016
- Hair Texture, The Rules, And How To Break Them - April 1, 2016
- Chic Hairstyles For The 2016 Bridesmaid - March 5, 2016
- Style Tips For Five Different Faces - February 11, 2016
- Balayage vs. Foiling…Which Is For Me? - December 17, 2015
- Poker-Straight Hair Makes A Comeback - December 17, 2015