If you want the best treatment for your hair, do you go for salon products? Are they really worth the cost? Well in short, yes. The hair products that you will find in a salon might be more costly but the benefits far outweigh the price. Salon products tend to have a slightly different make up of ingredients than those you will typically find in your local store.
One of the ingredients that you will find inside a salon product will be a sulfate. Typically Ammonium Laurel Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate or Sodium Laurel Sulfate. These are surfactants. They help the cleaning agents lather and they will be gentler than the ones in store bought shampoo. The conditioners in a salon product also contain a much higher quality protein which enables the conditioner to penetrate deeper into the hair shaft and locks in moisture.
The rest of the ingredients contribute towards color and aroma. Two common ingredients you are also likely to find are aloe and honey. Although honey can be beneficial for your hair, it is highly unlikely that you will notice a difference with the quantity you find in a bottle. As for aloe, it is not really significant unless it is stabilized aloe. The rest of the ingredients are made up of stabilizers and preservatives. Once again, keep your eyes on the surfactants. They are very gentle but lather very little, which is why most shampoo brands won’t use it. Consumers believe that your hair isn’t getting clean unless you get a lot of lather. Completely untrue!
So you are probably wondering what the best product line out there is. Again, look at the ingredients. The rest is pretty much a choice of aroma, color and packaging. Chances are that salon products will be more expensive than store bought ones, and rightfully so. I would rather spend bit more and get a salon product – it’s worth every cent.
Get your stylist involved in making product decisions. I’m available, if you’d like to come in for a consult – call first to make sure I’m there. Or just call me to make an appointment, and we’ll get to work transforming your hair in a way that puts all questions to rest.
- How to Stay In-Vogue Without the Hassle - August 18, 2016
- Three Diverse Hair Straightening Solutions For 2016 - August 15, 2016
- How to Protect Your Expensive Style from The Weather - May 2, 2016
- Going Granny Gray: The Color Trend That’s So Hot Right Now - April 29, 2016
- Is It Time For A Makeover? - April 17, 2016
- Hair Texture, The Rules, And How To Break Them - April 1, 2016
- Chic Hairstyles For The 2016 Bridesmaid - March 5, 2016
- Style Tips For Five Different Faces - February 11, 2016
- Balayage vs. Foiling…Which Is For Me? - December 17, 2015
- Poker-Straight Hair Makes A Comeback - December 17, 2015