Christina Hendricks may be best known for her character the red head bombshell, Joan Holloway on TNT’s Mad Men. Her fiery red hair has become her signature look. Christina is a natural blonde, but her colorist gave her the perfect shade of red to compliment her skin tone. Her cut is a one length medium style with layers in the edges to give it movement and shape. Layers help to release her natural waves and this style is great for women who have long faces to give them an illusion of width.
Get Christina’s look with just a few steps. Use mousse on damp hair to give it volume and hold. Next create a deep side part with your comb. Now use a barrel brush and dry the back and sides of your hair curling the ends under. Pull the sides of your hair toward the front while your blow dry them to create body. It is easier if you section your hair with clips and dry a small section at a time. This will not only help dry your hair faster, but give you lots of volume. The next step is to roll the entire back of your hair from the crown to the nape of your neck in hot rollers. Use small sections and roll the hair under to get the best effect. Roll the sides of your hair vertically (up and down) to create waves. Once your hair is cool remove the rollers carefully. Finger comb your hair and use a bit of styling paste on the ends to give it definition. Spray a small amount of medium hold hairspray on your hair and you’re done.
You will need to have a color touch-up and trim every four to six weeks to keep your style looking its best. Always use professional products to wash and style your hair since they contain ingredients that help protect your vibrant red color. Ask your stylist for recommendations on the right red hue and products to use at home to keep your color salon fresh.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016