Many women choose to color their hair a darker shade in the fall and winter. A chocolate brunette shade or a deep auburn can give you a new look for the cooler season. But what if you love your blonde shade? No worries, why not have your stylist place some strategic lowlights for a warmer look? Lowlights of caramel, cafe latte, even a deep red can warm up any hair color. Dark brunettes can have deep caramel or honey blonde highlights to add a bit of shine.
Dark hair does not have to be boring. You can have chunky lowlights or frame your face with some color. Having the darker color near your face gives you a flattering frame and adds interest to your hair. Like highlights, lowlights can add movement by their placement. Your stylist can add both to create depth and a new look for the new season.
If you prefer to stick with an all over color, why not try a warm shade? Switch things up if you have always gotten an ash or cool color with a color that has gold and red tones. Your stylist can formulate a color that will not be brassy or orange. Many women shy away from gold and red because they are wary of the way the color will look on them. In this case a glaze of gold or warm brown can add warmth without completely changing your hair color.
Talk to your stylist about her recommendations. She knows what colors look best with your complexion and will have several suggestions to warm up your look for the cooler weather.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016