Spring is just around the corner and you may be looking for a way to brighten up your winter weary hair. Harsh winter weather and being stuck in the dry heat of indoors can really take a toll on your hair. Your color can start to look dull and drab, and your hair can get dried out. Use a deep conditioning treatment and visit your stylist for ideas on how to brighten up your look for spring.
This spring color choices run the gamut from pastel to hot shots of neon colors. One of the most popular color combinations is pale blonde with pastel pink highlights. January Jones made a splash recently with candy pink highlights in her pale blonde hair.
Another hot look is blonde with pastel lilac shots of color. This color combination works best if your hair is already a light brown or blonde. Very dark hair is difficult to get to this pale color and sometimes it’s just not possible without damaging your hair. Your stylist will be able to tell you if she can get your hair to the right level to bring it up to pale or platinum blonde.
If you have dark hair, why not consider some bright colors? Electric blue, bright green and shocking yellow make a real statement when mixed with dark brown or black hair. This look is very popular with young men and women who emulate K-Pop and J-Pop artists.
Another color combination that is very pretty is black and blue. This may be a good combination if you don’t want to have too much of a contrast. Ask your stylist to color your hair blue/black and add royal blue or dark blue highlights. This will give you an unexpected boost of color without being too obvious.
If your job, or you don’t want to make too much of a statement, prevents you from having a lot of color in your hair, ask your stylist for peek-a-boo highlights and low lights. These are pieces of color that peek out from the back of your hair. You can then choose to have them show or not depending on how you style your hair. With hair color anything goes, so break free of the winter doldrums and give your hair a boost of color with pastels or bright neon colors.
- The 411 On Chemical Straightening And Hair Relaxing Methods - November 17, 2016
- What Will Be The Hottest Color For Bringing In 2017? - November 14, 2016
- Potential Hollywood Extension Looks For Modern Women - November 10, 2016
- How To Tweak Five Years Off Your Mature Hairstyle - November 7, 2016
- Brunettes Can Own Eye-Popping Pastel Hair Too… - November 3, 2016
- A Pre-Fall Look Into The New Lob - October 31, 2016
- Why It’s A Good Idea To Straighten Your Curly Hair - October 28, 2016
- Pro Tips For Leaving Hopeless Hair Behind - October 24, 2016
- Eight Coiffeur-Inspirations From Today’s Male Pop Stars - October 20, 2016
- Why Medium-Length Hair Is In This Fall - October 17, 2016